Are you a foodie? There are so many different types of foods out there, from Korean to American to Japanese. Each
Fusion cuisine, including Asian Fusion, is a newer type of
Asian Fusion Definition
Asian Fusion has been around for a long time in other countries, but it wasn’t until the 1960s that it started to become popular in the United States. Since then, it’s really taken off — you can find it all over the country, even in small towns.
This type of cuisine is characterized by a few different ways to use Asian style dishes and ingredients. A chef could incorporate ingredients that are more traditionally found in Asian dishes in other style dishes. Or, they could use ones that aren’t traditionally found in Asian cuisine in different dishes. Asian Fusion is really about experimenting with different flavors, ingredients, cooking techniques and more to create something new.
Examples of the Cusine
Asian Fusion is a bit of a blanket term — you can use it to describe all kinds of different foods and restaurants. In case you’re still having trouble imagining what types of foods qualify, here are a few examples:
- Sushiritto: You might have seen it in your Instagram or Twitter feed — it’s a burrito made of sushi ingredients. Instead of a tortilla, you have seaweed. Instead of beef, rice, lettuce and beans inside, you’ll find fish, sushi rice, veggies and other ingredients.
- Banh Mi: Many people think of these Vietnamese sandwiches as a more traditional dish, but it’s actually a fusion. The sandwich is filled with foods found in traditional Vietnamese cooking, but they’re inside a French baguette from when colonizers from France came to Vietnam.
- Kimchi Quesadillas: Like the sushiritto, this dish is a fusion between Asian and Tex-Mex cooking. Kimchi is a popular food across several Asian countries, and now you can eat it in a crunchy tortilla shell.
If these dishes sound like something you’d like to experience, try out an Asian Fusion restaurant in your area.
Asian Fusion Restaurants in Naples, Florida
Here are some great Asian Fusion restaurants to try out in the Naples, FL, area:
- USS Nemo Restaurant: We may be biased, but we have a lot of raving fans that say our Asian Fusion food hits the spot and is a “must-try when in Naples”. With our wide selection of different dishes, including Asian Fusion, anyone is sure to find something delicious here.
- Veranda E: A hidden gem at The Escalante hotel, you’ll find tasty food and a fantastic ambiance at Veranda E. Be sure to sit out on the patio to enjoy your meal.
- Eurasia: This restaurant fuses Asian and Italian style cuisine to create some truly unique and delicious dishes. A great pick for date night!
If you’re looking for a restaurant that has amazing Asian Fusion foods, a menu with a wide selection and a great atmosphere, you can’t do better than USS Nemo! Contact us to make your reservation today!
We can only seat complete parties for reserved tables. Please be sure your entire party has arrived before checking in with our hostess.
"With its subtle submarine motif and obvious seafood obsession, USS Nemo (239-261-6366) is among the most original restaurants on the Naples dining scene these days, and it has the fan base to prove it."
Chelle Koster Walton
"The miso broiled sea bass with citrus-ginger butter sauce is almost worth a trip to Naples in and of itself."
The New York Times
"I can tell you without hesitation, this is THE BEST and most consistent restaurant in Naples. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed!"
"Most consistently great restaurant in Naples!"
LUNCH M - F 11:30 am 2:00 pm
DINNER M - Sun 4:00 pm 9:30 pm
We close at 10 pm Friday and Saturday